Friday, April 9, 2010

Top 10 historical moments I would have liked to have seen


Notice what is number 9.


I got this idea from a conversation going on in my E-verse newsletter, so here goes: If I did this tomorrow, I might come up with 10 different ones, but today? Here is what I think:

1. The gathering of the delegates at the Constitutional Convention in 1787
2. Genghis Khan and his hordes galloping across the desert on their way to pillage some Central Asian city (of course, they would have slaughtered me ... but still. It's a sight I would like to have seen.)
3. The landing of Lindbergh's cross-Atlantic flight in France
4. The building of one of the Pyramids
5. I would have like to have sat in on the trial of Gallileo Galilei
6. The Boston tea party
7. Times Square, when the end of World War I was announced
8. I would like to be a witness to how the hell Stone Henge was built
9. Jesus' crucifixion
10. Washington's inauguration

(There are a ton of other things I would have liked to have seen ... mainly theatrical events ... but I thought those should go in a separate list.)

Posted by sheila

Reference: http://www.sheilaomalley.com/archives/004506.html

No comments:

Post a Comment